Monday, May 1, 2017

Washi Tape Balloon

This is one technique that often forget about,
which can be very frustrating.  It involves applying
Washi Tape to cardstock and then using a framelit
or thinlit to create a colorful, coordinating shape.

In this example, I used the Balloon Bouquet punch
(p 187) with the Playful Palette Designer Washi
Tape on page 179.   I just appreciate having a shape
that coordinates with the strip of color.  The coordinating
thick Emerald Envy Baker's Twine is "good stuff".

The sentiment comes from the Wonderful, and retiring
Birthday Fiesta set on page 11. It is mounted on a Stitched
Shapes Thinlits die.   I'm so glad that I 
bought this set because I love it for family.

1 comment:

Buffy said...

Fun tip about the washi tape balloon. - and it really stands out on the card. And I love the white oval on the white card.