Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Peach Leaf Duoprinting with Chlorophyll

I blame/owe this card to Susan and Buffy.
week and then Buffy posted her version.
That meant that I HAD TO try this technique.
I appreciate the "good creative pressure" that comes when
friends create beautiful projects.



I tried 3 different leaves, and the very damp vine leaf kind of 
exploded all over my Big Shot.  The two that worked well
 on the watercolor paper were my lilac (on left) 
and my peach tree, pictured above.
I was pleased that the
stems actually made an impression, which
can be seen in the paper.


I am always, regrettably, in need of sympathy cards,
so the leaf background on watercolor paper was perfect.
The sentiment comes from Flourishing Phrases on 
page 24, and is embossed on Early Espresso, layered
on Wood Textures Designer Series Paper (p 187).
The Pear Pizzazz card based coordinated well with
the chlorophyll impressions.  The colors are difficult
to distinguish, sorry about that. 

3 comments:

Susan said...

Oooo. I will have to try my lilac leaves. They came out really well! Nice job!

buffyc88@gmail.com said...

Oh, Jackie - these are gorgeous. I love the way the lilac ones came out, and the peach leaves are perfect for a sympathy card. Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I had a good laugh when you blamed - er, credited Susan & Buffy :) They're the reason I'm planning on giving this technique a try - and now that I've seen how well your lilac worked, Jackie - I'm off to my front yard! Gorgeous card, by the way! :)