Friday, September 22, 2017

Stamp Off Layered Leaves Technique

Susan, Buffy and I are here, on schedule, for our
bi-monthly Stamp Off challenge.  We appreciate you 
joining us!
This week, our challenge is to create a technique card,
using leaves or flowers.  Watercoloring techniques tend 
to be outside of my comfort zone.
Susan has taken some on-line classes, so this is more
in her wheel house, but I went with watercoloring.
 I pulled out my Layered Leaves 3D Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing folder (p 211) and began by 
puddling ink in the depressions.  I placed the watercolor
paper over top, and ran it through my Big Shot.
Some of the water spread outside of the leaves, but 
overall, it made an interesting background.  I added 
splats with the stamp from Timeless Textures on page 154.
The sentiment comes from Thoughts and Prayers
on page 66.
Thanks for stopping by.  Time to click on over to see 
what Buffy and Susan
have done with this technique challenge. 

3 comments:

Susan said...

I love how this came out, Jackie. I have tried braying an embossing folder but not puddling ink. I will have to try this. Beautiful!

Buffy said...

This is a gorgeous background, Jackie! I've never puddled ink before. I'm definitely trying this one.

Anonymous said...

This is gorgeous, Jackie!! Wow - I love the different depths you get with the new 3D EF. Love the colours you used, as well. Thanks for sharing this technique! :)